Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fat Lit Rides Again

A Utah-based fantasy author named Brandon Sanderson recently scored some dough in the kidlit market:

Sanderson recently received a six-figure advance from Scholastic, the "Harry Potter"-series publisher, for a children's fantasy series about a boy named Alcatraz who does battle with a cult of evil librarians.
Yeah, you read it correctly. Evil librarians. I don't know if this is hurting or helping the general image problem we librarians face. But the book's coming out in early October, and if it's any good, it might mean that I might have my Halloween costume problems solved right now.

Read the whole story here. And thanks to Justin for the link.

2 comments:

Okie said...

Thanks for the link to the article. While I agree the premise might be a little sketchy for the library industry, I suspect it will work out for the best.

Being a Utahn and an aspiring writer myself, I'm always excited to see stories of success and I hope the book is worth what Scholastic is investing.

Super Bowl Commercials 2012 said...

I like your way of authoring. Keep posting.
Bot and me| Images|